Prepared it for All-in major service and MOT next week. Today I have:

Removed Canteras
Checked brake pads/disks
Fitted Claytons

Over the weekend I have still got to:

Remove adjuster deletes on rear
Refit rear adjusters and take up spring slack
Possibly remove H4 LEDs and refit candles
Was/is all of that necessary for the MOT?

Was/is all of that necessary for the MOT?
I have a screw in one of the tyres - which would be a fail/advisory
Wasn’t sure whether my rear pads were low so made sense to check
Rear springs flap about when jacked up and suspension sagging - assume that’s a fail
LED bulbs in an H4 headlight are not strictly road legal - although chances are they’d not notice

Fitted black roof bars to replace the silver ones and fitted an awning rail too… can anyone recommend a good sun canopy? I’ve got a caravan so I’m not looking into getting a drive away awning just yet :cool:

Reactions: CAB
I have a screw in one of the tyres - which would be a fail/advisory
Wasn’t sure whether my rear pads were low so made sense to check
Rear springs flap about when jacked up and suspension sagging - assume that’s a fail
LED bulbs in an H4 headlight are not strictly road legal - although chances are they’d not notice
Thankfully I just need to swap my metro plates! Even then not sure they'd fail it! Got till Sept to wait unless get a cancellation. Was up on 11 April I think! Good old NI!

Rather pleased how the strip lighting turned out. Never used the uplighting so tapped into its wiring and switch with two 2m 12v led strips drawing 3amps combined, sitting in black diffusers to give the light a crisp edge.

IMG_6566.jpeg

IMG_6555.jpeg

IMG_6558.jpeg

Last edited:
I got a bit of 4” memory foam cut to size so it fits right up to the back doors and right into the side of the van. I’ve cut it to shape to fit neatly.
Then got a quilted mattress topper to go on the top.
I’ve had a few operations on my neck and back so wanted a thicker one for comfort.
It stores rolled up at the top of the back seats so I’ve not lost any storage.
It’s mega comfy now.
If anyone is interested I will post a link. The foam was £159 and topper was £10

IMG_6104.jpegIMG_6105.jpegIMG_6106.jpegIMG_6107.jpegIMG_6108.jpeg

I got a bit of 4” memory foam cut to size so it fits right up to the back doors and right into the side of the van. I’ve cut it to shape to fit neatly.
I’ve had a few operations on my neck and back so wanted a thicker one for comfort.
It’s mega comfy now.
If anyone is interested I will post a link. The foam was £159 and topper was £10

View attachment 238390View attachment 238391View attachment 238392View attachment 238393View attachment 238394
we are thinking along the same lines but i have have gone for an Outwell self inflating mattress that is slightly oversized at 130cm. Finding the RIB a hard bed even using 5cm memory foam

Tested it and fell asleep in the Van on the drive :sleep::sleep::sleep:

It’s mega comfy now.

View attachment 238390View attachment 238391View attachment 238392View attachment 238393View attachment 238394
Rear windows are so over-rated anyway!

Fitted and configured Carlinkit 5 although it will not stay hidden as the dash plastic is so dimpled.

Configured Blink Mini dog cam to a new home (separate from normal Blink system) and to the TP-link mobile wifi so it works when mobile.

We have used one of theses :-

Inofia Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Topper Small Double Bed,3Inch LATEXCH Medium Firm Feel Mattress Topper for Back Pain with Removable Cover, CertiPUR-EU(120×190)​

From Amazon for 3 years. Really comfortable and makes for a good nights sleep! It fits fine on the rib and when rolled is stored above the rear seats as The Flying Scotsman shows.

More test fitting of extra interior lights running off the LB. I can't find the post in an old thread of who had LED strips mounted here, but it's a fantastic idea.

1000007477.jpg
1000007478.jpg
1000007480.jpg
1000007479.jpg

Just need to wait until it's dark to decide if I want them on a dimmer switch or not.

With this and the new rear boot light, I'll do the wiring for them all at the same time, along with some other extras. I'll also route some solar cables through the headlining at the same time.

Back