What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

It was, but if it wasn't for the British army (and Major Ivan Hurst), we'd all have a lot more money to spend on other things :rofl:

He basically allowed post-war VW to survive. And no cars were actually delivered to customers pre-war.
I bow to your superior knowledge. :thumbsup:

Replaced a Right Rear ABS Sensor thanks to advice from this Forum. It’s a 17 Plate T6 with under 25k miles.

Sequence for info should anyone need it:

- Fault diagnosed through Warning Lights and confirmed by Carista
- Purchased new RIDEX 412W0019 ABS Sensor (Thanks in particular to @ALevs for the info about Autodoc. New Sensor was
£9.10 with P&P, around £17.50 spent in total)

- Removed wheel as normal and used an Axle Stand
- Positioned a Magnetic Work Lamp
- Located ABS Sensor and Wiring Loom, checked general condition in situ (All appeared OK)
- Unclipped Loom with small Flat headed Screwdriver, having checked on the new Sensor where the lug was located (Side nearest
front of Van)
- Undid Sensor Securing Bolt with H5 Hex Bit and small Ratchet
- Twisted Sensor to loosen, then lifted with same Flat headed Screwdriver until able to pull free (No rubbing damage observed on
end of Sensor. Ease of removal no doubt due to age and lack of mileage)
- Cleaned Sensor location by wiping with rag and blowing
- Applied small amount of Lithium Grease to top half of new Sensor part that goes into the ‘hole’ and then fitted
- Secured with bolt
- Reconnected Loom after checking condition inside (All appeared clean and OK)
- Cleared Faults via Carista (All appeared OK after switching off and then back on)
- Refitted wheel
- Took for circa 10 mile test run (No faults reported and fingers remain crossed… )

Apologies for no pictures, but it is straight forward enough when wheel removed and the Sensor is easily located.

Last edited:
You and your technical wizardry! I don't know why he can't get hold of a purple sharpie and colour in the filter/lens, whatever is in there!

I wonder what colour I would need to put over the blue to get purple? Red?
I would be sorted if quality street hadn’t cheaped out on their wrappers.
Could of tried a few to see what like
:p

Back