Insurance popularity question

Just got the dreaded call from Howdens (A Plan), Markerstudy are no longer taking on new clients or renewals, the nearest quote they could get with another underwriter was £1800! Bearing in mind I paid less than £700 last year, that's seriously punchy! He was totally honest with me and told me to have a shop around as they couldn't get anywhere near what I should be paying even with the likely insurance increases I was expecting.

Just got the dreaded call from Howdens (A Plan), Markerstudy are no longer taking on new clients or renewals, the nearest quote they could get with another underwriter was £1800! Bearing in mind I paid less than £700 last year, that's seriously punchy! He was totally honest with me and told me to have a shop around as they couldn't get anywhere near what I should be paying even with the likely insurance increases I was expecting.
I have my renewal coming up early December.....

I had a random single search on comparison bits a few days ago and the cheapest I could get was £1700.00 through Admiral. (I'm currently with them paying £1250.00 - the joys of London location....)

I'm seriously not looking forward to renewing as I reckon I'm gonna get stiffed a fair amount. If I can get something for £1500.00 I'll probably be happy?

At the moment my list for ringing around is as follows...

LV
Howden (A-Plan)
Brentacre
NFU

Any other suggestions do shout - just a Kombi (not a camper conversion etc).

I have my renewal coming up early December.....

I had a random single search on comparison bits a few days ago and the cheapest I could get was £1700.00 through Admiral. (I'm currently with them paying £1250.00 - the joys of London location....)

I'm seriously not looking forward to renewing as I reckon I'm gonna get stiffed a fair amount. If I can get something for £1500.00 I'll probably be happy?

At the moment my list for ringing around is as follows...

LV
Howden (A-Plan)
Brentacre
NFU

Any other suggestions do shout - just a Kombi (not a camper conversion etc).

The first time i used A-Plan for my T6 Camper a few years ago they were quite competitive but the renewal came in silly high...so i went elsewhere.
When my new van arrived last year i gave them another go for that and they were quite competitive.....the renewal has just come in nearly double...from £469 to £846!!
Did a bit of research and got it down to £520 with AXA. Maybe ill try them again in a few years.

I'm with Brentacre and waiting for my renewal which is due 17th Nov and with Markerstudy who aren't renewing camper policies. I had a fault bump in Dec 21 with total claim £6000 and my renewal last year was £550 just £60 above previous year.
Also I know insurance cost have risen quite a lot, wife's car doubled, house ins doubled and even our dogs ins has doubled all these without making any claims whatsoever.
I have just tried Adrian Flux for a quote on my van and was really surprised as their renewal quote for my van is £535.35 .
Just waiting for Brentacre now to see how much theirs will be.

Happy John.

Mine is due on 11 Nov, I'm holding out for a bit longer in the hope there are some better options next week.

I'm with Brentacre and waiting for my renewal which is due 17th Nov and with Markerstudy who aren't renewing camper policies. I had a fault bump in Dec 21 with total claim £6000 and my renewal last year was £550 just £60 above previous year.
Also I know insurance cost have risen quite a lot, wife's car doubled, house ins doubled and even our dogs ins has doubled all these without making any claims whatsoever.
I have just tried Adrian Flux for a quote on my van and was really surprised as their renewal quote for my van is £535.35 .
Just waiting for Brentacre now to see how much theirs will be.

Happy John.
That sounds very reasonable! With an agreed value?

Mine is due on 11 Nov, I'm holding out for a bit longer in the hope there are some better options next week.
That's risky. Most insurers run "live pricing" systems which will increase premiums for those who are getting close to their renewal date (i.e. they're trying to prey on your desperation).

That's risky. Most insurers run "live pricing" systems which will increase premiums for those who are getting close to their renewal date (i.e. they're trying to prey on your desperation).
Yeah, I am sure they do, I won't be leaving it too long!

Reactions: Bav
OK. I've just cancelled my A Plan policy and gone with the Flux through Markerstudy. After many promises and 6 months, A Plan / KGM would not give me an agreed value due to high mileage (6000 since January) with van currently at 22k. Also too new to give AV.
£595.79 plus £75 AV policy via Trinity Lane.
£37.92 charged by A Plan for cancelling early.
7 photos required and an AV form to fill in which tells me what photos they want.
Just over £100 more than last year. No change in circumstances.
My daily commute motorcycle is with the Flux who looked after me on a bike theft and a non fault claim 3 years ago. Their TrustPillock ratings are 'Excellent' apparently...
I think I'm happier now too!

Hmm, then I don't understand the "too new" excuse. Makes no sense.
Neither does the high mileage! The van will be 4 years old in April, do they just want splitties for AV?... Just filled in the AV questionnaire for Flux, we'll see if they like my photos!

Reactions: Bav
Neither does the high mileage! The van will be 4 years old in April, do they just want splitties for AV?... Just filled in the AV questionnaire for Flux, we'll see if they like my photos!
Suspect their AV policy is intended for classic/veteran/vintage vehicles that only come out to play for a couple of shows every year.

Good luck with Flux.

Back