Cadac Cookers - which model?

So we have just brought the new Cadac cook pro 3 double stove, Can anyone give some advice on which gas set up is better, out of these two offerings? I’m leaning towards the double canister one, as I sometimes use a jet boil and use the screw type canisters.
Am going to use this stove for six months, and then decide if we want to install the usual double hob/sink in the camper van, at the moment leaving the worktop empty, so to speak...8883C911-CD9A-4A34-9AE7-AAA5CA825836.png

We use the duo twin can setup.

But did run into some low pressure issues from can freeze under full pelt on a twin burner stove.....but an easy bush fix was to drop the cans into a bowl of water to stabilise the can temps.

You can get a 6 pack of cans for about £29

And can use them for the jet boil too...

Screenshot_20230605_084854_Amazon Shopping.jpg

So we have just brought the new Cadac cook pro 3 double stove, Can anyone give some advice on which gas set up is better, out of these two offerings? I’m leaning towards the double canister one, as I sometimes use a jet boil and use the screw type canisters.
Am going to use this stove for six months, and then decide if we want to install the usual double hob/sink in the camper van, at the moment leaving the worktop empty, so to speak...View attachment 201341
I have both these, I got the triple holder but found they could get too cold so I got the double and found the same issue (as reported by @Dellmassive above). Not a big issue as it’s only a problem at all when the temp is cold.

The triple could be for sale if you are interested (~£30)

Am going to use this stove for six months, and then decide if we want to install the usual double hob/sink in the camper van, at the moment leaving the worktop empty, so to speak...View attachment 201341
We have the normal cadac safari chef and use the single Coleman 500g canisters. Each one lasts quite a while-we are on our 11th day and just coming to the end of our first canister. We like to carry ours to the beach, or like last night, into a picnic area in the woods. The smaller regulator and the single canister is less hassle. You still carry as many canisters so you’re not going to run out any quicker. Depends on your planned usage I guess.IMG_6052.jpegIMG_4633.jpeg

We use the duo twin can setup.

But did run into some low pressure issues from can freeze under full pelt on a twin burner stove.....but an easy bush fix was to drop the cans into a bowl of water to stabilise the can temps.

You can get a 6 pack of cans for about £29

And can use them for the jet boil too...

View attachment 201354
Cheers , all helps with our decision, I think I will go with the duel supply to start with, and see how we get on, and by gas cans in bulk

I have both these, I got the triple holder but found they could get too cold so I got the double and found the same issue (as reported by @Dellmassive above). Not a big issue as it’s only a problem at all when the temp is cold.

Cheers for the offer, going to start with the duel and see how we get on,but if your going to Busfest I’d buy it off you as an alternative option

I’ve got the Safari Chef 2 and all packs away nice and neat into 1 bag even with 5m gas hose and quick release connectors bothe ends .. I have installed a quick release gas point at the side of the gas locker fed from the 907 bottle in the locker .. it has a valve on the inside of the locker so is switched off unless the Cadac is used .. I need to have the tailgate up to use it as the connection is inside the van but it makes me switch off the valve when finished as I disconnect the quick release .. and is good if it rains under the tailgate . Plus there’s 2 lights on the inside of th tailgate if you’re cooking in the dark .. I can post some photos if required..

I’ve got the Safari Chef 2 and all packs away nice and neat into 1 bag even with 5m gas hose and quick release connectors bothe ends .. I have installed a quick release gas point at the side of the gas locker fed from the 907 bottle in the locker .. it has a valve on the inside of the locker so is switched off unless the Cadac is used .. I need to have the tailgate up to use it as the connection is inside the van but it makes me switch off the valve when finished as I disconnect the quick release .. and is good if it rains under the tailgate . Plus there’s 2 lights on the inside of th tailgate if you’re cooking in the dark .. I can post some photos if required..
I was thinking of doing something similar. can I see how you did the valve and quick release. Cheers

Quick release for Cadac: Cadac Brass Quick Release Hose Nozzle | Buy now from gasproducts.co.uk
Quick release for in line connection (e.g. to allow interchangeable regulators):- 8mm Quick Release Gas Hose Coupling | Buy now from gasproducts.co.uk

If you go for one of the Cadac connectors, remember its a reverse thread - I trashed a Cadac stem by over tightening it when I was trying to get it off!!
I remember the first time I set our Cadac up I could not get the connector on, ever helpful 15 year old daughter said let me have a go and put it straight on. Turning the flower shaped plastic wheel the wrong way. That was how I learned about the reverse thread attachment! Just so unnatural to do it that way!

20230708_175824.jpg

did you sell your Triple? If not, I'm interested

Last edited:
Hi all. Having managed last year with a jetboil clone and stand alone single burner I am going to treat myself to a Cadac safari chef 30. There appear to be two options:

low pressure - which looks like I can use different types of gas bottles / cartridges but require a separate hose and regulator.
high pressure - which can only take the EN417 cartridges but as only screw in no regulator required.

I currently have about 8 x Coleman EN417 cartridges in my garage but no other gas bottles so latter option seems best choice. So just asking if there is any obvious reason I should not go for the high pressure model.

Hi all. Having managed last year with a jetboil clone and stand alone single burner I am going to treat myself to a Cadac safari chef 30. There appear to be two options:

low pressure - which looks like I can use different types of gas bottles / cartridges but require a separate hose and regulator.
high pressure - which can only take the EN417 cartridges but as only screw in no regulator required.

I currently have about 8 x Coleman EN417 cartridges in my garage but no other gas bottles so latter option seems best choice. So just asking if there is any obvious reason I should not go for the high pressure model.
No reason at all, if that’s the gas you use. What does your jet boil clone use? If the same, then you only need to source/carry one type.

I’ve got a low pressure, with QR fixings that can run on a 907, EN417, patio gas or propane. But, I already had those canisters and regulators, so it was an easy choice.

A Safari Chef 2 will do all boiling of water and cooking for 2 for a 3 day weekend on one Coleman 500 canister no problem at all.

I have the LP myself and that works for me as I have various gas canisters so can swap as required. Might be worth having a look at some reviews as I’m sure I heard some negative comments about the power of the HP version but I could be dreaming it. If I was to buy again I would go for the Cadac 2 Cook 2 instead, to get a bit more flexibility and cooking area but your use case might be different.

If you got the Cadac 2 cook 2 go you 'could' get some very handy windbreak panels from someone on here 'cough'

I got the LP one and the hose and regulator. In 3 years I’ve only ever used the 500g en417 cartridges and when I put the cadac on a table etc I have the faff of placing the pipe and the cartridge, and the cartridge never stands up due to the inflexibility of the pipe. It’s a pita.
Summary:- get the HP is my advice.

Back