VWCV warranties - All-in vs Extended?

My van turned 3 at the start of the month. Glad I waited. I've now saved some cash to but more bits for the van to put in the garage/loft (dining room for the roof rails.:rolleyes:)

Today, I paid my dues & demands @£34.40/month for 24 months to be part of the "All in Plan" gang

Cheers to @Whitty for the heads up on the -20% offer & saving me £200 to spend on other Vw stuff

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
how often does the All in Plan go on sale (20% off) i think i missed one that ended 2nd April. Can i expect another this year?

how often does the All in Plan go on sale (20% off) i think i missed one that ended 2nd April. Can i expect another this year?
They usually have a sale for Black Friday, but not sure if there'll be an intervening opportunity.

Reactions: CAB
Doh. Same here. I’d previously spent £200 a year on euro AA cover so this would have been very worthwhile had I paid attention.

Reactions: CAB
I missed the last offer by signing up on the Friday and the 20% deal launched on the Monday.

I contacted VWFS to cancel in my cooling off period. They had a backlog and weren’t able to process the cancellation before the deal ended for me to resign.

But for once they were supper happy, to suggest raising a complaint which the advisor helped do on the phone. As a result they refunded me the difference in deal price, and a small compensation for the hassle.

Very happy how they dealt with it and I still got the overall saving in the end.

I missed the last offer by signing up on the Friday and the 20% deal launched on the Monday.

I contacted VWFS to cancel in my cooling off period. They had a backlog and weren’t able to process the cancellation before the deal ended for me to resign.

But for once they were supper happy, to suggest raising a complaint which the advisor helped do on the phone. As a result they refunded me the difference in deal price, and a small compensation for the hassle.

Very happy how they dealt with it and I still got the overall saving in the end.
Mmm, I wonder if that could be a plan.

It's worth a try, a quick phone call doesn't cost much in time and money and the worst that can happen is you keep paying the price you've got now.

In @manicism situation I suspect that the cooling off period being a legal requirement probably nudged things in the right way; I think they'd have been on difficult ground if they'd missed out on the deal because they couldn't abide by the regulations in a reasonable time.

With great timing I now know my factory warranty ends this month, so I've just missed out on the deal.

Last edited:
It's worth a try, a quick phone call doesn't cost much in time and money and the worst that can happen is you keep paying the price you've got now.

In @manicism situation I suspect that the cooling off period being a legal requirement probably nudged things in the right way; I think they'd have been on difficult ground if they'd missed out on the deal because they couldn't abide by the regulations in a reasonable time.

With great timing I now know my factory warranty ends this month's, so I've just missed out on the deal.

Correct suspect it was all because I was in my cooling off period, they missed their obligation to process my cancellation in a reasonable period. Suspected I could have got more in compensation, but didn’t want the extra hassle and effort. So was happy to get the deference in deal cost refunded to me.

Ok so extended warranty proved the right thing to do.....

Already had my headset unit replaced under that previous all in scheme that just ended, along with some sliding door controls. But still having issues on the door front so back in again and looks like another door control module needs replacing. Already done once but the new one is a different part number, let's hope it sorts the issue. Also both struts on my electric tail gate have started creaking and those need replacing. VW have agreed to replace, good job as they are £432 per strut. So looks like the all in plan has already paid for itself :)

Back