New T6.1 Kombi Sportline - HFP keeps disconnecting randomly

KentKombi

Dear Forum Members,

It only took 19 months from order to arrive....

Had the new Kombi for about 3 months and I was hoping that the Hands Free phone issues were just a glitch.

I am connecting my Iphone 15 via bluetooth and not using CarPlay.

About twice per journey, it will randomly come up with "disconnecting HFP" and disconnect the phone from the vehicle, then after about 15 seconds it will re-connect.

I have had a "man look" on the forum, but I could not see a reported issue.

Anybody having the same issues - or is there a known fix plse ?

Regards,

Mark

Have you tried any steps to resolve ?

Personally I would delete the pairing, do a reset and a reboot on the headunit and pair again just in case it’s something trivial ?

My Kombi has had similar problems from new. Seems the T6.1 infotainment system is full of glitches. My first long trip when the van was only a few weeks old I had nothing working at all on the display. Very annoying! Currently booked in at the dealer for a warranty fix. My old van with Kenwood head unit never missed a beat. Come on VW!!

Have you tried any steps to resolve ?

Personally I would delete the pairing, do a reset and a reboot on the headunit and pair again just in case it’s something trivial ?
Yes - apologies - I should have mentioned that I have :-

- Deleted the phone from the head unit & repaired.
- Updated the HeadUnit software (two updates came across recently)
- Ensured that my phone has the latest IOS / rebooted the phone.

In my previous two VW Kombi's the Infotainment system was the Achilles heel for sure.

I was hoping the bugs would have all been ironed out on my 3rd one.

I just wondered if it was a common thing, or just mine....

Pretty common TBF for the 5F to be a PITA sadly.

Mine required a VW fw update under warranty & generally gets niggly again after every OTA update :rolleyes:

Back