Motor Caravan Internal Features - Minimum install to meet speed limit requirements

You’re not going to get it reclassified as a motor caravan and you’re not going to get the speed restrictions changed either. Done.
Not sure that is totally true - It is not going to be reclassified as a motor caravan, but if it meets the internal requirements then the speed limits would be different.

Thankfully, I would consider myself literate and recognise when I have read enough. It is also obvious from posts after mine that confusion reigns regarding your intent and aspirations other than “please conjoin with me to cobble together a potential line of defence that I could use in an attempt to challenge a Notice of Intended Prosecution as I wish to travel faster than I am allowed to!”

Don’t let that stop you from stomping your feet and throwing tantrums though!
I agreed that it wasn't clear - Not sure that the "flogging a dead horse" comments were helpful though as that was not the topic! I agree that there are lots of posts about it, but I have done a lot of reading and got a good understanding of the situation.

I’ve had a few beers & a glass of red or two, so here goes.
Forget the DVLA, you need to comply with the Construction & Use regs 1979. These define the properties of a “motor caravan”. If you meet the requirements of the regs, then you are good to go. You need to satisfy yourself that you have met the requirements & are confident to stand up in court and argue your case. The salient points are, permanent, living accommodation, table, seating, cooking, storage.
If you are trying to skirt around the regs by getting a commercial vehicle under the radar, then you need to be prepared to argue your case.
In any case, regardless of the classification, if you are carrying commercial goods, then it’s all bets off.
Good comments! Not trying to skirt around the regs, trying to comply with them, but never wanted the full furniture install that most people associate with a converted van.

The table is relatively easy to fix into the van, but the cooking element is more challenging
I get your question, but the bits you need are supposed to be fixed, so portable kit isn’t going to work, a pod also doesn’t count.

So is it space you cant give up in your quest?
Yes, it is the space really and convenience of being able to load the van. I might have a think about how I could permanently install a form of cooker that comes out from under the seat at the back - Like a miniature version of a slidepod.

Maybe I should have titled the thread - Permanent gas cooker installation ideas needed - Looking for inspiration

Well you won’t be able to change from an N1 to an M1 and you won’t change to a motor caravan. I don’t know where you’re going to go from here.

Well you won’t be able to change from an N1 to an M1 and you won’t change to a motor caravan. I don’t know where you’re going to go from here.
From the DVLA guidance -

"It is important to remember that even if the vehicle’s body type is not changed to ‘motor caravan’, the vehicle can still be used for this purpose as long as the keeper is satisfied the converted vehicle meets the required internal features for motor caravans."

Speed limits here

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

I usually forget I'm on commercial vehicle speed limits, I drive it the same as I would a car, and I'm usually overtaken by builders vans and crafter delivery vans who don't even understand the concept of speed limits! Most of the time, due to traffic or road conditions or the fact that I'm retired so I don't rush anywhere, I'd be under the commercial speed limits anyway and I certainly can't be arsed to put a cooker or bed in my kombi just so that I can feel confident to drive to car limits.

I usually forget I'm on commercial vehicle speed limits, I drive it the same as I would a car, and I'm usually overtaken by builders vans and crafter delivery vans who don't even understand the concept of speed limits! Most of the time, due to traffic or road conditions or the fact that I'm retired so I don't rush anywhere, I'd be under the commercial speed limits anyway and I certainly can't be arsed to put a cooker or bed in my kombi just so that I can feel confident to drive to car limits.
Forcing me to exceed the speed limit overtaking…! It’s all your fault!

Back