Hi . 2x T6 Caravelle’s, one modded for Dolomites

Is there going to be enough clearance for snow chains and a build up of ice on the wheel arches?

Is there going to be enough clearance for snow chains and a build up of ice on the wheel arches?
It’s a good point. It’s pretty tight at the rearward of each arch. I’ve never needed chains on the 4Motion with winter tyres. I’m hoping this setup will be equally as good as what we’ve previously had- the old 18” and proper winter tyres, but we’ll see.

There isn’t much room for ice build up, we might have to adjust the arch liners?

Hey Danss what toll tag are you using in Italy? Do you have one that covers all the other places like Telepass or Fulli? Cant get Telepass unless I get it shipped to a friend in another country and having issues getting Fulli. Just thought as I saw you were in the various spots you might share your experiences.

Hey Danss what toll tag are you using in Italy? Do you have one that covers all the other places like Telepass or Fulli? Cant get Telepass unless I get it shipped to a friend in another country and having issues getting Fulli. Just thought as I saw you were in the various spots you might share your experiences.
I don’t use toll tags anywhere in Europe.

1. Because I find it easy to just wave a card on contactless nowadays. And there’s never usually much of a queue, if any. I also find that the tolls that have the cash icon are usually free, and they take card too anyway.
2. We tend to avoid tolls in Italy, where we can.

Sorry I couldn’t help.

Great journey down. The 235/65/17 A/T tyres are brilliant! I couldn’t notice any difference on road noise, but they give a far more compliant ride quality. They soak up our potholed roads perfectly! I found they gripped well on the dry roads, and never stepped out or understeered on the wet mountain paths. I’m really pleased with them- the only downside is that the wife wants the same on her Caravelle!!!

IMG_1101.jpeg

Back