Hi . 2x T6 Caravelle’s, one modded for Dolomites

danss

VIP Member
Hi everyone!

I’m based in Norwich, UK, and in Trentino, Italy.

We’ve 2 x T6 Caravelle 204 DSG 4Motion. One family wagon for UK school runs, and one that has a more interesting life for adventures in the mountains in Italy & Austria!

The mountain van is currently a standard 2018 T6 Caravelle 4Motion Executive. Plan is for some subtle mods; first I need ACC, which is frustrating it’s not standard- it was standard on our 2019 van!

Next, and more exciting- some 17” Black Rhino with A/T’s, suitable for summer and winter snow driving! I’ve put a wanted ad on the forum!

It has a tow bar for towing a boat when needed. Otherwise, some subtle body styling . I think I’ll keep height as standard, but views appreciated.

Will post before and after pics when ready

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I’m based in Norwich, UK, and in Trentino, Italy.

We’ve 2 x T6 Caravelle 204 DSG 4Motion. One family wagon for UK school runs, and one that has a more interesting life for adventures in the mountains in Italy & Austria!

The mountain van is currently a standard 2018 T6 Caravelle 4Motion Executive. Plan is for some subtle mods; first I need ACC, which is frustrating it’s not standard- it was standard on our 2019 van!

Next, and more exciting- some 17” Black Rhino with A/T’s, suitable for summer and winter snow driving! I’ve put a wanted ad on the forum!

It has a tow bar for towing a boat when needed. Otherwise, some subtle body styling . I think I’ll keep height as standard, but views appreciated.

Will post before and after pics when ready
Welcome along @danss ! You must have a picture to show us at least one of them!!

Here’s the newly acquired 2018 Iridium grey Caravelle 199 4Motion, which we’re keeping out in the alps, to help keep the mileage down on our 2019 white van!

Not needing too much of an excuse, I managed to convince the other half that we NEEDED some choice modifications! Top of the list was a set of 17” Black Rhino Warlord wheels with AT tyres, in a 235/65/17- they arrive from Elite, tomorrow!

A quick ‘before pic’ of the van in its current state!
IMG_1024.jpeg

Here’s the newly acquired 2018 Iridium grey Caravelle 199 4Motion, which we’re keeping out in the alps, to help keep the mileage down on our 2019 white van!

Not needing too much of an excuse, I managed to convince the other half that we NEEDED some choice modifications! Top of the list was a set of 17” Black Rhino Warlord wheels with AT tyres, in a 235/65/17- they arrive from Elite, tomorrow!

A quick ‘before pic’ of the van in its current state!
View attachment 240513
Awesome, from one Caravelle owner to another! :thumbsup:

I'm assuming you're on std executive suspension, IE 20mm lower than std (and probably a bit extra due to the 4motion extra weight).

Awesome, from one Caravelle owner to another! :thumbsup:

I'm assuming you're on std executive suspension, IE 20mm lower than std (and probably a bit extra due to the 4motion extra weight).
I am on standard executive suspension, yes! You don’t think that will cause me problems with this setup? I purposely stayed clear of 245’s.

I hadn’t realised that the exec caravelle’s sat lower than standard.

Will I still sneak under 2m?

I am on standard executive suspension, yes! You don’t think that will cause me problems with this setup? I purposely stayed clear of 245’s.

I hadn’t realised that the exec caravelle’s sat lower than standard.

Will I still sneak under 2m?
235/65's should be completely fine, I think they're fine even down to 40/50mm lowered.

You've got the same wheels as me, 17" Cascavel so presumably 235/55 tyres, with 235/65 tyres you'll gain about 20-25mm ride height, but you're already lower by 20mm (probably more) than a std van which is well under 2m (1950mm officially on the executive caravelle).

Mine has had 30mm lower Sportline springs fitted so is currently sitting at 390mm from wheel centre to arch at the front, a std Executive should be 440mm from wheel centre to arch, so mine is 70mm lower than a std van at the front!

235/65's should be completely fine, I think they're fine even down to 40/50mm lowered.

You've got the same wheels as me, 17" Cascavel so presumably 235/55 tyres, with 235/65 tyres you'll gain about 20-25mm ride height, but you're already lower by 20mm (probably more) than a std van which is well under 2m (1950mm officially on the executive caravelle).

Mine has had 30mm lower Sportline springs fitted so is currently sitting at 390mm from wheel centre to arch at the front, a std Executive should be 440mm from wheel centre to arch, so mine is 70mm lower than a std van at the front!
Yours appears to be very similar to my spec actually. A couple of disappointments compared with my 2019 van-
- no electric sliding doors or boot- was this not on the 2018 model? Retrofit looks pricey!!
- no ACC- again, not standard on 2018? Retrofit looks reasonable?

Yours appears to be very similar to my spec actually. A couple of disappointments compared with my 2019 van-
- no electric sliding doors or boot- was this not on the 2018 model? Retrofit looks pricey!!
- no ACC- again, not standard on 2018? Retrofit looks reasonable?
Mine has electric sliding doors, I think they were standard on the executive model. Manual tailgate but with soft close which is very nice.

Mine has ACC now, but previously didn't - I had to get it retrofitted.

The primary reason I went with mine, aside from the LED headlights which are an absolute must have! Is that it came with a factory fitted Eberspacher parking heater & auxiliary battery!
1000004049.jpg
Plus it also had fitted a Fiamma F45 awning, 240v hookup and Victron charger.

Oh and sliding side windows. They're a bugger for leaking but really nice to have when camping!

All those extras would have added up to a few thousand to fit afterwards so I'm really glad I found one with it.

Oh and is that an RS6 Avant (maybe an RS4) I see poking out from behind the Caravelle?! :D

Mine has electric sliding doors, I think they were standard on the executive model. Manual tailgate but with soft close which is very nice.

Mine has ACC now, but previously didn't - I had to get it retrofitted.

The primary reason I went with mine, aside from the LED headlights which are an absolute must have! Is that it came with a factory fitted Eberspacher parking heater & auxiliary battery!
View attachment 240514
Plus it also had fitted a Fiamma F45 awning, 240v hookup and Victron charger.

All those extras would have added up to a few thousand to fit afterwards so I'm really glad I found one with it.
Very nice.

I think the original owner of mine deleted electric sliding doors :( Which is a shame. It has everything else; LED lights, sunroof, etc.

The 2019 van that we bought new was over £66k list price (heavily discounted though!), so difficult to compare to that!!!

Last edited:
Very nice.

I think the original owner of mine deleted electric sliding doors :( Which is a shame. It has everything else; LED lights, sunroof, etc.

The 2019 van that we bought new was over £80k list price (heavily discounted though!), so difficult to compare to that!!!
£80k!? Holy ****.

I thought mine was expensive new at £55k including £8k of extras!

Nice spot- RS4! :)
Very nice! If you've got a Cayman GT4 hiding somewhere too then I think I'll need to start disliking you! :rofl:

A 4motion Caravelle/high spec transporter and Cayman GT4 is my (slightly realistic) dream 2 car garage.

Very nice! If you've got a Cayman GT4 hiding somewhere too then I think I'll need to start disliking you! :rofl:

A 4motion Caravelle/high spec transporter and Cayman GT4 is my (slightly realistic) dream 2 car garage.
I HAD a GT3RS, if that makes it better? Now a Caterham 420R- more fun!!

Back