Help with getting my MFSW working

How did you pick up +IGN from the lights? I remember when I did mine that I picked up +IGN from the SC fuse box because the relay at the light switch was different to the instructions and the company that supplied me the kit advised going to the fuse box or OBD port.

Worth measuring at the wheel to see if you’ve got +12v over the brown and black?

How did you pick up +IGN from the lights? I remember when I did mine that I picked up +IGN from the SC fuse box because the relay at the light switch was different to the instructions and the company that supplied me the kit advised going to the fuse box or OBD port.

Worth measuring at the wheel to see if you’ve got +12v over the brown and black?
I will check the light switch wire I’ve taken to the wheel to see if it’s supplying 12v. Thanks.

Have you got a picture handy so I can see the brown wires? I'm just wondering if they are connected wrongly.
Here’s a pic here Kevin.
I’ve still got that engine management light on on the dash. That’s only appeared since I started working on this.
Also MFD says stop start error.
Do you think that’s something to do with it ?
IMG_5999.jpeg

IMG_6001.png

Here’s a pic here Kevin.
I’ve still got that engine management light on on the dash. That’s only appeared since I started working on this.
Also MFD says stop start error.
Do you think that’s something to do with it ?
The wires look fine to me. Maybe some other members might spy a fault. Checking for battery voltage at pin 10 of the yellow connector (black wire) would rule out a power issue from the light switch.

Does anyone know if the buttons should illuminate before the wheel is coded?? That way it could rule out coding issue. I will attach the 5 fault codes below for the experienced guys to cast an opinion on. Maybe it needs decoded to see if these faults go away. Then recode and see what happens?

IMG_20240401_135454.jpg

The wires look fine to me. Maybe some other members might spy a fault. Checking for battery voltage at pin 10 of the yellow connector (black wire) would rule out a power issue from the light switch.

Does anyone know if the buttons should illuminate before the wheel is coded?? That way it could rule out coding issue. I will attach the 5 fault codes below for the experienced guys to cast an opinion on. Maybe it needs decoded to see if these faults go away. Then recode and see what happens?

View attachment 235131
Thanks Kevin.
I’m beginning to wonder if it’s something to do with the coding also.
I will check for power at the wheel.

Cheers, I think it's euro 5 that use pin 17, or at least that's how I interpret the diagrams. This is a euro 6 model
I’m testing the black wire at the light switch and it doesn’t seem to have any power. Where’s best place to use for a ground. I’m using the bolts on the door. The ones that aren’t painted. But might be crap earth. I’ve tried the bolts and metal around the steering shaft. Still no 12v.
So either there’s no power and I’ve a fuse out or I’m not getting a good earth on my test probe.
This could very well be the cause of the problem

Just checked the rest of the wires at the light switch plug and got a great reading off the red and black wire. So know the earth I’m using is good and definitely no power to the black wire.
Both the black wire and the red and black have been tapped into by the converter for something.
This black wire having no power is probably why I’m getting problems with my THQ lights also.
IMG_6002.jpeg

I’m testing the black wire at the light switch and it doesn’t seem to have any power. Where’s best place to use for a ground. I’m using the bolts on the door. The ones that aren’t painted. But might be crap earth. I’ve tried the bolts and metal around the steering shaft. Still no 12v.
So either there’s no power and I’ve a fuse out or I’m not getting a good earth on my test probe.
This could very well be the cause of the problem
Ground in VW is brown, not black.

Nice relaxing roadtrip next week using cruise :cool: Enjoy
I can’t wait to get away in it now.
Just need to get this light problem sorted. I was sitting in the van with it running after you left. Lights on and working fine. Then I heard a click like a relay somewhere and the light out bulb on dash came on and the main rear lights went off.
I’m confident that whatever has been tapped in to the light switch is what’s giving me problems.
I’m waiting to hear back from converter who built it.

Back