Ex-RAC wiring - comparison needed.

That's the one going to the aux battery from the relay
I think that might be where my trouble is. If you're happy, I can email you phone number and show you what I have. It was a right mess under there before, it's still a mess but no where near as bad :D

Hi, Did you manage to remove the towbar and electrics from it, I have removed the RAC wiring but I now want to remove the factory towbar, towbar electrics and split charge system as I am installing from new.

Thanks.

Hi, Did you manage to remove the towbar and electrics from it, I have removed the RAC wiring but I now want to remove the factory towbar, towbar electrics and split charge system as I am installing from new.

Thanks.
Hi, I firstly disconnected the battery.
Cut the tow bar electric's off at plug on tow bar.
Then I removed passenger tail light and inner panel and pulled it back into vehicle.
I then spent time insulating every wire end with shrink wrap and insulating tape, capped and insulated the loom. I left about 20cm of original tow bar loom as it was a lot better to work with. I then secured the tow bar loom to the main loom. Removed relay and fuse under passenger twin seat.
Reconnected the battery everything works perfect.

Remember you have to fit a crash pad or collision bar were the tow bar was fitted to support bumper and safety. check on here someone will tell you, something to do will rear seats.

Split charge system I would bite the bullet and get a professional to fit a new system. Even if you are intending to change front seat to a single.

Hi, I firstly disconnected the battery.
Cut the tow bar electric's off at plug on tow bar.
Then I removed passenger tail light and inner panel and pulled it back into vehicle.
I then spent time insulating every wire end with shrink wrap and insulating tape, capped and insulated the loom. I left about 20cm of original tow bar loom as it was a lot better to work with. I then secured the tow bar loom to the main loom. Removed relay and fuse under passenger twin seat.
Reconnected the battery everything works perfect.

Remember you have to fit a crash pad or collision bar were the tow bar was fitted to support bumper and safety. check on here someone will tell you, something to do will rear seats.

Split charge system I would bite the bullet and get a professional to fit a new system. Even if you are intending to change front seat to a single.
Thanks.

I didn't know about the crash pad so I will get one.

I'm OK with the install but I just want as much of the old wiring out the way as possible.

Volkswagen T6 T6.1 Transporter Rear Bumper Reinforcement Crash Bar 7E0807305E on eBay. item no 125668917277
see my thread Refit crash impact bar& Rear bumper Other members helped me. I fitted a the foam version gave more support to bumper

Volkswagen T6 T6.1 Transporter Rear Bumper Reinforcement Crash Bar 7E0807305E on eBay. item no 125668917277
see my thread Refit crash impact bar& Rear bumper Other members helped me. I fitted a the foam version gave more support to bumper
So do I need to install the part above and the metal impact bar or is it one or the other?
Thanks.

See threads under rear impact bar on forum. An impact bar would make more sense for safety reasons. Its one or the other

Back