Three Counties Showground Welland, Malvern WR13 6SP
Friday, 9 September, 2022 - 09:00
Until: Sunday, 11 September, 2022 - 18:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Looks like I'm just about back in the land of the living, after a three days hangover.

I'll do it the shout outs and thanks later.

In the meantime can I ask you all to load your pictures on here.

I think you can load about 20 pics at a time, so just keep posting multiple posts .

I'll load mine on as well later.

Looks like I'm just about back in the land of the living, after a three days hangover.

I'll do it the shout outs and thanks later.

In the meantime can I ask you all to load your pictures on here.

I think you can load about 20 pics at a time, so just keep posting multiple posts .

I'll load mine on as well later.

Well im finally back in the land of the living after one of the worst hangovers since summer camp 2022 - lol.

it seems we had progressively longer days as the weekend rolled on,

thur 1am -fri 2am -sat 4am

++++++++++++

it was another fantastic Busfest event ( BF ) - i think we built on last years work and made it bigger-er and better-er this year.

we added the @Dellmassive twist on things to add a bit of glitter on an already brilliant weekender.

++++++++++++

So over to shout outs and thanks:

Firstly let me thank @Pauly for arranging the T6Forum.com club camping area with BF, he managed to get us extra space over last year . . . this is no easy task as there is a massive waiting list to even get on the club area . . . so getting more space was a job well done.

We have again asked for additional space for next year to allow more T6F members to come and play . . . . it was noted that the long thin plot was not so great, and that the previous square layout was preferred, but this is decided by the BF gods so out of our control. Hopefully @Pauly can work on this years improvements and get next years plot bigger ( and less stretched ).

its also noted that seeing some of the aerial views of the weekender showed our plot as absolutely ramo compared to most of the rest of BF. . . . so seeing that i think they should offer us some more space.?

we were joint third for plot size according to BF . . . (50+ booked units), with 1st place going to the T2 guys with 105 units !!! - 2nd place went to a club with 75 Units.

+

Also thanks @Pauly for the New DiscoTent`s . . . these provided a welcome focal point for people to congregate and chat, they also provided a nice bit of cover from the chilly weather at night . . . in fact we run out of space and had people outside the front on a few occasions. (we might need additions for next time)

+

Moving on we`d like to thank all the T6F members that come along to the event . . . . new and old. - without you all we would be an empty field, so well done every one that come along and joined in.

it was great to meet all the members new & old, and also great to put faces to names etc etc.

we`ve made some great friends over the weekend . . . . that will be back next year for sure - keep an eye on the events page for future meetups.

+++

Next id like to thank all those that joined in in the with the Fancy dress "Hawaiian Theme" - its was an awesome site so see 100-200 off us all snaking through BF heading for the HUB, then a joint effort in the HUB on the dancefloor.

later on it was amazing to see "Devious" over at the sheep-shed and the wash of Hawaiian hats far-and-wide in the crowd.

i noticed we caught the attention of the BF official photographer and also got the shout-out on VDUB RAIDO - which was broadcast out live over BF and the airwaves. . . (ill get a sound clip later and link back to the DJ set on mixcloud ) - think it was DREW? that made the shout-out? - lettme know add well add the credits to you.

+++

can i also give special thanks to all those that helped us with the setup and breakdown of not only the disco tent . . . . but also our own tent/van/setup.

without your collective help we wouldn't be able to do it all . . . so thank you all again.

super special thanks to @BoroBoy , @VanDamMan , @Jollyvan , @czmate1999 , @Eli , @Sammy , @Pauly (Vic) , @moomin-j , @Long tall John , @Mick

++++

id like to give a special nod to the team elite and founding fathers that made a awesome VIP area at the top of the field, @Deaky , @Fish , @Peatey (@Ed Webb absent) - your vans & setups are an inspiration to myself and many on the forum - respect due and given.

++++

Big Shout to some of the new members of T6F who's amazing T6.1 vans didn't go unnoticed - DUBSTA & DOGBUS , I've already seen your vans on YT vids on the BF22 event. - well done.

++++

lastly a big thank to all the Busfest crew and especially SIMON HOLLOWAY ( Mr BF) ( who i managed to meet twice over the weekend)

The security done a grand job keeping the peace - even when actively asking Lisa to turn off the music and move to karaoke,

to Lyn & Hubby the campsite manager who's role is very much under appreciated - but deserves massive respect.

to VDUB radio and all the stalls and entertainment venues.

. . . . im sure I've missed out names above, its not intentional, its just so much to remember. .

so if I've missed anyone, ping me and ill add them in.

++

so that's it for now - until the planning starts for next years event.

Peace & Love from - @Dellmassive #T6forum.com

waffle over - now for the pics --->

most of these were taken by me & Lisa,

so were not in most of them.

if anyone else more pics please post them.

@Long tall John - hopfully you have some pics / vids to share? ( of the walk over to the HUB )

Here’s to faces to names to real names to Vans…
Ian / RIDS / Grandie’s Big Blue Bus aka the Van
View attachment 172547

+

@Rids has a awesome Power setup and a firm member of the TEAM BLUE Victron setup . .

i had the pleasure of discussing his power ideas at last years Autumn camp -21 . .

he had been busy beavering away all over winter. . . to get his system all installed.

at Busfest-22 he invited me to take a look at the install.

Hes done a fantastic job and i feel proud and humbled that he has taken all the ideas we discussed and built upon them to build a very capable setup.

I've encouraged him to start his own build thread that details his van and work that gone into it. . .

so @Rids - its up to you now to get your own thread built.

+++

if you want some ideas on how to build an amazing thread look no further than @Deaky `s amazing Kombi to camper journey:

+++

Big Shout to some of the new members of T6F who's amazing T6.1 vans didn't go unnoticed - DUBSTA & DOGBUS , I've already seen your vans on YT vids on the BF22 event. - well done.
Ooh which videos please?

Big thanks for having us in the club camping (DOGBUS). It was our first Busfest and we had a brilliant time, will definitely try and come over to the T6 hub area next time - couldn’t do the main HUB/music bits on a night because of the dogs.

Thanks to everyone and @Dellmassive for being so welcoming and huge thanks to @Deaky for helping us with our leisure battery issue and swapping the fuse out for us!

Who was the person who gave us the plugs for the hole near the fog lights? They look so much better, thank you. Could you also please remind me what the plugs are called as we’ve had a few people ask.

Also to the couple with the pure grey van on the edge who asked me about our interior seat colour, I couldn’t remember what the name was at the time but I checked and it’s “cement”

Who was the person who gave us the plugs for the hole near the fog lights? They look so much better, thank you. Could you also please remind me what the plugs are called as we’ve had a few people ask.

- that will be @Base1388 (Romany)

The Bung Master himself - if you've been bunged then your in the club.

looks like its taken Busfest a week so far to clear the event down . .

"Last vans standing..... well nearly.
Just one more trip to do today and that's it, Busfest site all clear for another year.
My sincerest thanks to all of our Busfest Crew, Sponsors, Service Suppliers, Showground Staff, and everyone who supported and helped make Busfest happen again and celebrate its 10th year under difficult conditions.
The end results again speaks volumes about what Busfest is all about,...
an event that brings like minded people who are enthusiastic about Transporters together to one place to have a good time and enjoy themselves ( no matter what type of transporter they have)
I think together, we more than achieved that again this year.
Time to unpack now, have a beer or two and then start thinking about how we can do it all again next year.. Cheers.. Simon"

1663346170434.png

Back