Found Base van needed - T6 with ACC and A/C ideally - <£21k

Mine came from a small dealership in Selby area that was buying at fleet auction. They don’t advertise on Autotrader or EBay, so it’s worth doing a general google search too.

I do like this one but it's got too many miles and its 300 miles from where i live. One of the unwritten provisions of part of my budget was to keep it under 100k miles...

If you change your unwritten rule to under 110k, I'm in Oxford on Wednesday if it helps? If your Mondeo gets me back to Cornwall, I'll take it off your hands and you can drive your new van home.

If you change your unwritten rule to under 110k, I'm in Oxford on Wednesday if it helps? If your Mondeo gets me back to Cornwall, I'll take it off your hands and you can drive your new van home.
Lee you're a star but I'm stuck in work every day this week doin 12hr shifts. Also, I wouldn't let anyone drive the Mondeo in it's current state. I'm almost gonna feel bad selling it to motorway - the poor mug that buys it at auction... Should probably go to the scrappers...

Also, you'd be devastated when you find out I'd been putting standard diesel in her and dirtying her pipes hehe

Last edited:
Lee you're a star but I'm stuck in work every day this week doin 12hr shifts. Also, I wouldn't let anyone drive the Mondeo in it's current state. I'm almost gonna feel bad selling it to motorway - the poor mug that buys it at auction... Should probably go to the scrappers...

Also, you'd be devastated when you find out I'd been putting standard diesel in her and dirtying her pipes hehe

No worries. I wanted to see if I could help. You remind me of my Dad when he has an idea! Would love my van to go to a forum member, then I can check in from time to time and see how its doing.

I'm still in contact with the person who bought my Land Rover 90 around 10 years ago and still has it!

Hi all

Firstly, thanks to all for the suggestions so far on my How... how do you you afford a van thread

As some may be aware I am desperately trying to 'join the club' and get my bus on.

I need a base van ideally SWB, Trendline or above, not too worried about BHP but not interested in Bi Turbo sorry.

Would love adaptive cruise control.
Needs to have air con and standard cruise control at least.
Service history and landmark work done please (CB & WP)
Ideally sub 100k miles
Ideally a T30 or above but will obvs consider T28
Tail gate would be slightly more preferable but happy with barn doors
Am in Huddersfield so will struggle to get down south to view anything

I've had a loan approved now but budget is still not too good at £20k unless I can sell my knack ered old mondeo whereupon I may be £100 up!!!

I know it's a big ask. Am all over Autotrader and Ebay and have some potentials to look at when I eventually get off shift with work next Saturday if they haven't all been snapped up - how fast is the turnaround for these vans!?. Anyway, just thought I'd stick a little note on here.

Hope we're all having a great weekend
I’m in Sussex, so probably not of interest, but this is my first attempt at putting out feelers. I’m intending to sell my 2017 T6 32 Highline Combi in the coming weeks. Just over 100k, owned from new, all services done, belt changed etc. It’s totally factory original, with tailgate, no engine chips, or any aftermarket add ons.(is this a plus point?). Its only flaw is a failing touch screen, an easy fix for the technically minded, according to this forum! I’m expecting £22,000 plus. Any thoughts?

If I was doing a build on a low budget I’d try and get the best T5 with a 1.9tdi engine - providing they’ve had regular oil changes they’re good for starship mileage! Generally they dont have DPFs and the egr’s dont lunch the engine!

But if you want a T6 then you need cash in the bank and be ready to move fast.

Yeah this is a very good point. Waiting on a loan from family has had me miss so many opportunities. I find it difficult not to window shop though.

Hopefully the cash will come through ASAP as I have a van potentially lined up and the sellers are A-grade awesome people...

If you find one without ACC,
but with CCS on the MFSW and equipped with Front Assist, then you can upgrade to ACC yourself.
It is literally plug & play job.

This is intriguing - is there a thread on this? (pretending I know what CCS stands for - Cruise control system?)

Last edited:
Tis a sad day. Found the perfect T6 for my budget. Got all excited. Turns out it's got outstanding finance though.

Do I abandon ship and drop it like it's hot?
Do I query with the dealership and ask them to sort it out and prove it's clear as below

Screenshot_20240515_231841_Chrome.jpg

But they have to settle the finance to sell it legally don't they?

Yes, of course. After you agree to buy, pay, they settle everything and when you go back a few days later to collect. Will be all sorted. Usually....

TIS A GREAT DAY

Unit stocking​

If you are buying from a dealer, you may come across this type of finance on your HPI report. Talk it over with your dealer, check their liability and get confirmation in writing that they will clear the finance on the car you are buying. Unit stocking is a common type of finance agreement used by motor dealers to enable them to fund the vehicles on their forecourt.

But they have to settle the finance to sell it legally don't they?
I’ve recently gone through this.
Has the seller hidden that it has finance? Do you know who the seller has finance with?
The van I have just bought privately had VW finance on it.
It was a little painful because there’s a wait involved.
We agreed a price, he then sent that to vw finance to create an invoice. Which wasn’t immediate. 2 days?
Then a shonky email link arrived from VW finance to pay them the full agreed amount.
I paid one evening online, and had to wait the whole next day of the seller constantly hounding vw finance to track the payment. When VW verified that I’d paid, the seller released the van to me. He didn’t get the balance for up to 10 days after the initial transfer.
It seems they make it awkward to get out of the finance to perhaps perpetuate the continuing custom.

Back