Found Base van needed - T6 with ACC and A/C ideally - <£21k

I’ve recently gone through this.
Has the seller hidden that it has finance? Do you know who the seller has finance with?
The van I have just bought privately had VW finance on it.
It was a little painful because there’s a wait involved.
We agreed a price, he then sent that to vw finance to create an invoice. Which wasn’t immediate. 2 days?
Then a shonky email link arrived from VW finance to pay them the full agreed amount.
I paid one evening online, and had to wait the whole next day of the seller constantly hounding vw finance to track the payment. When VW verified that I’d paid, the seller released the van to me. He didn’t get the balance for up to 10 days after the initial transfer.
It seems they make it awkward to get out of the finance to perhaps perpetuate the continuing custom.
I did the same buying my van, didn’t feel right at the time but I made sure I was dealing with VW and then made the transfer.

If its a proper dealer, you'll be fine.

Best keep a few grand to one side for upgrades and/or repairs. The T5/T6 world is expensive!
I have a small budget for getting ghost installed and maybe a steering wheel lock. If it breaks it's gonna get a sorn and stay on drive til my next overtime lands.

Reactions: CAB
Back