3D Printed Kombi Floor Seat Bracket Blanks

A very interesting idea. Are you able to email across to me please the files. *****@******.com

Mod Note - personal info removed from public post, please private message to arrange if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
They really do tidy up the floor space and make a difference, but mine warped like a banana with the heat last summer.
Fortunately the ebay seller sent me replacements free off charge.

Mines also had the VW logo printed on them.

They really do tidy up the floor space and make a difference, but mine warped like a banana with the heat last summer.
Fortunately the ebay seller sent me replacements free off charge.

Mines also had the VW logo printed on them.
Were they were printed in PLA? I've printed mine in ABS+ as I know just how hot it can get.

How does one tell?
No markings on them...
PLA has a bit of a flex to it and you can relatively easily snap it, whereas ABS feels very stiff and feels like it would take a lot of effort to snap it.

Depending on several factors, PLA will start to return to a liquid around 50+ degrees whilst ABS is around 90+ degrees.

Unless protected with some kind of coating, both will eventually wear and degrade with UV exposure.

PLA has a bit of a flex to it and you can relatively easily snap it, whereas ABS feels very stiff and feels like it would take a lot of effort to snap it.

Depending on several factors, PLA will start to return to a liquid around 50+ degrees whilst ABS is around 90+ degrees.

Unless protected with some kind of coating, both will eventually wear and degrade with UV exposure.
Thanks for the info.

I think they may be ABS because they're rock hard and won't flex.
I took one of the bent ones and heated it with a hot air gun in attempt to straighten it, so hot I needed to wear leather work gloves to manipulate it.

Was over 35c here last summer so not sure what temp the van would get up to parked in the direct sun light...

Back