Did I not see a post from THQ about some 255/40/20 103 rated tyres they have now?
They have 255/35/20 102 rating tyres but the only sell tyres with an alloy package , vanstyle do tyres separate but they’re only budgets

Just wanted to add some input if you’re running low with a t30 I find 225/40/20 on a 8.5” is perfect for stretch and low vans and are almost the exact same rolling diameter as standard highline wheels within 1mm and load rated to 101 it isn’t the best brand tyre but I’ve had no issues at all with them on both my 20” wheels

C7566AC0-B6AA-4D18-8A67-22ADA64E837B.jpeg

I think I’ve read pretty much every blooming tyre thread but still gonna ask… current set up on my T32 4motion is 275/40/20 on 8.5 wide rims (inherited with the van, not my choice!). Some minor rub on full lock.
Considering 245/45/20 which are only 0.5mm bigger in diameter but obviously a lot narrower. Good move? Bad move?
Any recommendations for tyres in this size? I’ve seen some Pirelli all seasons with just a 69db noise rating for about £180. Goodyear Eagles a better bet at £200?
Seems next best option is 265/40/20. So a bit more clearance on both height and width. Is that a better bet?! Help! @BognorMotors you guys seems to know your tyres…

I think I’ve read pretty much every blooming tyre thread but still gonna ask… current set up on my T32 4motion is 275/40/20 on 8.5 wide rims (inherited with the van, not my choice!). Some minor rub on full lock.
Considering 245/45/20 which are only 0.5mm bigger in diameter but obviously a lot narrower. Good move? Bad move?
Any recommendations for tyres in this size? I’ve seen some Pirelli all seasons with just a 69db noise rating for about £180. Goodyear Eagles a better bet at £200?
Seems next best option is 265/40/20. So a bit more clearance on both height and width. Is that a better bet?! Help! @BognorMotors you guys seems to know your tyres…
Good move. 245/45/20 on the front make the steering much easier, handle better, and you’ll notice that the van pulls away more easily. On my 8.5 on the front they sit very nicely with exactly the same overhang as the 275/40/20 do on the rear. They looked silly before with the 275 on the front.
Mine is also a 4Mo and that pairing front to rear keeps the circumference within a few mm.
Also, no more rubbing on full lock.

Thanks for the replies. I’ve got 8.5 width all round so plan to get same size tyres all round

I've just moved to 245/45 from 275/40 on 8.5 front rims and the steering feels so much better. Have staggered wheels so 10" on the rear so decided to keep the tyres matched with Uniroyal rinsport 5. only difference is the load rating. the 245's are 103 rather than the 106 on the 275's but again going over pot holes or speed humps it also feels better, not as bouncy! when you change and drive you'll know what I mean

I went with 245/45 all round in the end, got some 103 rated Pirelli all weather for about £650 which seemed alright (Kwik fit with a discount code). No rubbing now and feels lighter on the steering. So far so good

Disregarding load rating, does anyone know which tyre is closest to the original radius of 255/45x18?

I inherited my current 20" wheels with the van when I bought it, and I do not know the wheel widths. Are the wheels stamped anywhere with the widths?

It’s stupid to ignore load rating, the load rating dictates the tyres sizes available to you.
Wasn’t going to ignore it, I just wondered what size 20” tyre was closest to sportline size tyres. In my opinion some of the load rated tyres are too big.

Wasn’t going to ignore it, I just wondered what size 20” tyre was closest to sportline size tyres. In my opinion some of the load rated tyres are too big.
Google Will they fit website , 255/35/20 is the closest I recall to the 18” sportline alloys

Google Will they fit website , 255/35/20 is the closest I recall to the 18” sportline alloys
Thanks, I have used that before but figured rather than trying loads of different sizes someone might have the knowledge already.

Picking up a set of 20s tomorrow, what's the best tyre set up?

Alloys have 275/40/20 all around at the moment.
Van is a T6 t32 I think lowered by 30mm at the moment.

Back