Speaker and head unit fitting kit

sca7fy

I've specced up an upgrade online, really like the look of the alpine halo, along with the plug and play speaker upgrade.

It's anyone able to advise me if there is anything else I need ref the fitting kit for my 2017 T6, I don't have steering wheel buttons (although planning an upgrade) and have parking sensors.

I've not fitted anything like this for quite some time but assume it's not rocket science!?

1000026413.png

I'd sack the alpine speakers off unless your not particularly fond of your upper hearing range

We don't like them, find the tweeters to sharp. They're fitted in our new demo vehicle and coming out imminently

Haven’t got round to doing it yet but the general view seems to be that the focal isvw165 is a much better set at nearly half the price! Alternatively @MrD has just fitted a vibe package that seems good.

Haven’t got round to doing it yet but the general view seems to be that the focal isvw165 is a much better set at nearly half the price! Alternatively @MrD has just fitted a vibe package that seems good.
Half the price sounds very agreeable!

Half the price sounds very agreeable!
It does! I had/have the Alpine speaker upgrade on my to do list, are the focals as easy to fit?

Shame to lose the nice looking grilles but sound quality is a bigger priority.

As I said I haven’t got round to it yet but they look very straightforward to fit as they are a direct fit with no adapter ( as far as I can see).

As I said I haven’t got round to it yet but they look very straightforward to fit as they are a direct fit with no adapter ( as far as I can see).
Let us know how you get on - I did look at the manual for the Focal speakers but they're somewhat lacking in information!! The tweeters are the main bits which I'm interested to see how they fit.

Haven’t purchased yet- but @Absolut5 sell them and are very helpful. I am also now looking at the vibe stuff that @MrD fitted as have seen the vibe components at Halfords for £55 and then just buy the adapter rings. I will let you know how I get on if I ever make a decision!!

Just to add - I’ve been looking at this for about a year now without coming to a decision. I initially fitted a pioneer under seat sub and that’s improved things a lot but just want a bit better quality on the higher end without spending a fortune. The problem is it seems quite easy to let the cost run away with you—for example the focal speakers are nice but maybe then need an amp and before you know it you’re up to nearly £500!!!! So at the moment I’m thinking the vibe setup might well be a good compromise between cost and sound quality……..

Just to add - I’ve been looking at this for about a year now without coming to a decision. I initially fitted a pioneer under seat sub and that’s improved things a lot but just want a bit better quality on the higher end without spending a fortune. The problem is it seems quite easy to let the cost run away with you—for example the focal speakers are nice but maybe then need an amp and before you know it you’re up to nearly £500!!!! So at the moment I’m thinking the vibe setup might well be a good compromise between cost and sound quality……..
Good old law of diminishing returns! There's always a sweet spot when it comes to audio gear, with the semi audiophile stuff in the middle range before getting to the stupidly expensive stuff!!

It's just finding it, and staying in the sweet spot!

Haven’t purchased yet- but @Absolut5 sell them and are very helpful. I am also now looking at the vibe stuff that @MrD fitted as have seen the vibe components at Halfords for £55 and then just buy the adapter rings. I will let you know how I get on if I ever make a decision!!
If it’s a T6.1 then this is the kit , they also do a T6 version too . Happy with my purchase so far great service from Crown with instructions / fixings supplied. (Though I did change my fixing to bolt with nyloc just my personal choice) and I fitted a Vibe mini Amp to enhance the standard unit. It’s a great improvement to the standard chuff to my amateur ears.

Last edited:
If it’s a T6.1 then this is the kit , they also do a T6 version too . Happy with my purchase so far great service from Crown with instructions / fixings supplied. (Though I did change my fixing to bolt with nyloc just my personal choice) and I fitted a Vibe mini Amp to enhance the standard unit. It’s a great improvement to the standard chuff to my amateur ears.

I think at that price it’s gotta be worth a punt? Where did you place amp? Thanks

Hmm, there's a reason they're that price. I'd strongly suggest looking round and upping your budget

I think at that price it’s gotta be worth a punt? Where did you place amp? Thanks
Behind the head unit screen as when it’s out it’s only a single DIN on my model

Last edited:
Back