Propex Heatsource HS2000 - Gas lockout issue

Bav

Explore, discover, enjoy, repeat...
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi.

I have a Propex Heatsource HS2000 heater in the van (heater and gas tank both underslung, if that makes any difference).

Yesterday morning, still half asleep, I turned the heater on without first switching the gas solenoid. Starved of gas, the heater initially worked for a short while (presumably using gas already in the pipework?) and then ceased to function. The red LED on the control panel is now flashing (single flash) and the heater won't fire up.

According to the fault-finding instructions, this indicates a "gas lockout" - okay, that makes sense - but the instructions for clearing the lockout refer to a control panel like this...
1714309132539.png

...and I have a control panel that looks like this...
1714308755714.png

Does anyone know how to clear a gas lockout using the control panel I have?

TIA

Hi.

I have a Propex Heatsource HS2000 heater in the van (heater and gas tank both underslung, if that makes any difference).

Yesterday morning, still half asleep, I turned the heater on without first switching the gas solenoid. Starved of gas, the heater initially worked for a short while (presumably using gas already in the pipework?) and then ceased to function. The red LED on the control panel is now flashing (single flash) and the heater won't fire up.

According to the fault-finding instructions, this indicates a "gas lockout" - okay, that makes sense - but the instructions for clearing the lockout refer to a control panel like this...
View attachment 238763

...and I have a control panel that looks like this...
View attachment 238758

Does anyone know how to clear a gas lockout using the control panel I have?

TIA
I’ve that digital controller.

I keep an iPhone SIM tray tool on my van key now so I can press the reset button when this happens: with the controller off, two pushes within a second between them. The reset hole is that little one in line with the bottom
of the display to the right.

Try that. If not, I’ll try mine at this end and clarify if I’ve got any of the above incorrect.

Reactions: Bav
Hi @Bav
A couple of videos here re digital controller;

2 methods for resetting with a digital controller there - I'll give both a whirl. Thanks.
I’ve that digital controller.

I keep an iPhone SIM tray tool on my van key now so I can press the reset button when this happens: with the controller off, two pushes within a second between them. The reset hole is that little one in line with the bottom
of the display to the right.

Try that. If not, I’ll try mine at this end and clarify if I’ve got any of the above incorrect.
That sounds like one of the methods described in the videos @Geybeard linked to. :thumbsup: Cheers Adam.

Back