Emergency Manual Fuel Door Open -- How We Done It --

there is a door loom connection at the A pillar in a zipped bag up under the lower dash covers . . .

does the sc44 fuse blow as soon as you press it in the holder? - with IGN off?

So continuing this on. Back home and removed the passenger seat, gone under the dash and have found the zip bag. Disconnected the door lock connector... And still no joy, fuse sc44 blows as soon as I turn ignition. It was only 15a and should be 20a (new 20a fuses turning up tomorrow) so not completely lost yet but not promising. Fyi the 15a lets me open the boot so again pointing me to the passenger door as area of fault.

I've seen some folk have removed door card with closed door but am hoping to avoid this as would require base to be removed along with the leisure battery and everything else down there.

So continuing this on. Back home and removed the passenger seat, gone under the dash and have found the zip bag. Disconnected the door lock connector... And still no joy, fuse sc44 blows as soon as I turn ignition. It was only 15a and should be 20a (new 20a fuses turning up tomorrow) so not completely lost yet but not promising. Fyi the 15a lets me open the boot so again pointing me to the passenger door as area of fault.

I've seen some folk have removed door card with closed door but am hoping to avoid this as would require base to be removed along with the leisure battery and everything else down there.
If the door is disconnected at the connector and the fuse still blows, then the panel doesn't need to come off as the fault is elsewhere.

If the door is disconnected at the connector and the fuse still blows, then the panel doesn't need to come off as the fault is elsewhere.
Yes, was thinking that but part of me wants to see if I can get the door open and can't see this happening without taking card off.

I think this may be one for vw, van is due a service so heading there soon anyway.

Now with 20 amp fuse in sc44 and door disconnected I've got the central locking working and the fuse not blowing.

It is definitely an issue with the passenger door.

Seat out, base up, b pillar off and step out was all easy enough. Trying to turn the 2 plastic lock nuts at bottom of dor card is nigh on impossible.

Ordered a new small 10mm spanner to try get the angle, if that doesn't work I'll cut them out!

PXL_20220828_093845865.jpg

How time fly's....

What was the update on this?

Back