Coolant leak

matt_w

Hi,

My 2019 150ps caravelle has sprung a leak.
It looks to be coolant that's running to a heater at the rear.

I have an extended warranty that's valid upto November this year. I'm guessing from reading other posts this won't be covered since it's classed as perishable.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?
Looks to be an easy enough fix.

If anyone has replaced before, is there anything I need to be aware of?

Also, any idea where id find part numbers for the hoses?

Thanks
Matt.

20240503_140405.jpg

20240503_140335.jpg

20240503_140229.jpg

id defo push for warranty.

its part of the cooling/heating system.

not a consumable or serviceable part.

so book it in with them and ask them to look at it under the extended warranty.

keep us posted.

So, a few painful weeks have passed since I posted this thread.

Despite requesting the all in service plan to be transferred over into my name from by VW commercial finance team since the 11th March, this still hadn't happened.
I've had countless fruitless phone calls with VW where I have been outright lied to about where the transfer was up to.

Apparently VW are a company the do not have phone numbers, and only communicate amongst themselves via email and MS Teams only.
I've been promised return phone calls by managers, that never happened. Left on hold for 15 minutes at a time...

Very frustrating company to deal with!

Any how, some weeks later I finally get the van assessed by VW roadside who confirmed the vehicle is not fit to drive, and should only be driven to a garage for repair.
I get the van booked in with a local VW commercial garage for diagnosis.

Earlier today, I received a phone call to say "rubber hoses are not covered in the warranty" If I want to proceed with the repair, the cost will be £300+VAT to replace a 6 inch length of rubber hose.

I had a lengthy discussion about this not being a serviceable part,. However, this was to no avail either.

I've collected my van and booked in at a local garage.

A very disappointing experience.

Appreciate you might be done with the fight but my next questions for VW would be what is the advised replacement/inspection cycle for these items.

It's all very well saying you don't cover perishable items but if they are not noted as needing replacement or inspection the assumption must be that they are fit for the lifetime of the vehicle.

Yes, the fight has gone. I can't be bothered with the hassle of it all now, and not having a van to drive whilst the saga continues.
Anyway £4.95 for a universal hose kit from Euro parts gives me a little hobby to do over the weekend :)
Every cloud...

Back